VI cheat sheet

Henk P. Penning henkp at ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl
Sat Dec 29 03:47:34 AEST 1990

In article <7777 at umd5.umd.edu> matthews at is-next.umd.edu (Mike Matthews) writes:

>Regarding the vi cheatsheet, I've seen a hardcopy floating around somewhere at
>campus (Univ. of MD, College Park).  It's probably copy-protected, so I won't
>type it up and distribute it.  But one does exist...

>As for having rn to run emacs, try a setenv EDITOR emacs (and maybe even a
>setenv DISPLAY emacs).  Works on Mach and Ultrix.
>Mike

We have the vi-quick-reference, composed by Maarten Litmaath,
in our archive. It is in DOC/vi-docs.tar.Z.

How to get vi-docs.tar.Z from the archive at
	Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University:

NOTE: In the following I have assumed your mail address is john at highbrow.edu.

    Of course you must substitute your own address for this. This should be
    a valid internet or uucp address. For bitnet users name at host.BITNET
    usually works.

by FTP: (please restrict access to weekends or evening/night (i.e. between
about 20.00 and 0900 UTC).

    ftp archive.cs.ruu.nl [131.211.80.5]
    user name: anonymous or ftp
    password: your own email address (e.g. john at highbrow.edu)
    cd /pub
    don't forget to set binary mode if the file is a tar/arc/zoo archive,
    compressed or in any other way contains binary data.
    get DOC/vi-docs.tar.Z

by mail-server:

send the following message to
mail-server at cs.ruu.nl (or uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ruuinf!mail-server):

    begin
    path john at highbrow.edu (PLEASE SUBSTITUTE *YOUR* ADDRESS)
    send DOC/vi-docs.tar
    end

The path command can be deleted if we receive a valid from address in your
message. If this is the first time you use our mail server, we suggest you
first issue the request:
    send HELP
--
Henk P. Penning, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University.
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands.