Weep for poor poor bill

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Mon Dec 24 10:39:43 AEST 1990

(*This* time I'm trimming the bloody thing....)

As quoted from <1990Dec21.095529.5578 at fiver> by palowoda at fiver (Bob Palowoda):
+---------------
| From article <CKD.90Dec20223403 at bucsd.bu.edu>, by ckd at cs.bu.edu (Christopher Davis):
| > "Gee, I don't want to bother fixing that DEBUG thing in sendmail;
| > nobody's gonna take advantage of it, anyway."
|
|   You do mean "smail" don't you?
+---------------

He means sendmail.  Remember the Worm?  *That* was why it was able to exploit
DEBUG on so many systems.

+---------------
|   I noticed something interesting about two weeks ago. I wanted to
| improve my technicial online dictionary. So I thought useing articles
| written and posted in comp.arch, comp.research, etc would be a good
| source. I must have went through approximately 50 articles all, which should
| not have had simple spelling errors in them?

They shouldn't have, but undoubtedly they did.  And undoubtedly at least 50
percent of the articles were also incorrect from a technical standpoint....

I trust the Usenet for accurate information about as much as I would trust a
guy in a trench coat selling Rolex watches... Some exceptions, but that short
list of gurus from Chip's and my postings had to *earn* my trust.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN