Weep for poor poor bill

Christopher Davis ckd at cs.bu.edu
Fri Dec 21 14:34:03 AEST 1990

Bob> palowoda at fiver (Bob Palowoda) writes:
Brandon> allbery at NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR):

Brandon> The "guru" who considers spelling too trivial to bother with
Brandon> may cut other supposedly "trivial" corners.  Would you entrust
Brandon> your system to such a person?

Bob>   I must be really dense today. What's your point Brandon?

"Gee, I don't want to bother spelling everything correctly; everyone
understands what I'm trying to say."

"Gee, I don't want to bother fixing that DEBUG thing in sendmail;
nobody's gonna take advantage of it, anyway."

I want a sysadmin with DETAIL on his or her mind.

Bob> Bob Palowoda   palowoda at fiver              |   *Home of Fiver BBS*
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gee, Bob, this didn't work for me.  Care to qualify it somehow (even a
pseudo-domain would be nice)?

Bob> Home {sun}!ys2!fiver!palowoda              | 415-623-8809 1200/2400
Bob>      {pacbell}!indetech!fiver!palowoda     |     An XBBS System

Speaking of details, the extra 16 spaces after "An XBBS System" produced
a visible "wrap" effect once I quoted them (before I deleted them).
Another trivial detail, yes, this one was actually trivial; but what
about the next one?

--Chris
--
   [ Christopher Davis - <ckd at cs.bu.edu> - <..!bu.edu!cs.bu.edu!ckd> ]
    A message destined for delivery in *your* domain is fair game for