crc as child of cu

dragos ruiu at dragos.uucp
Wed Oct 31 19:08:25 AEST 1990

In article <554 at lrark.UUCP> gars at lrark.UUCP (Gary Smith) writes about:

Problem: getting an xmodem-type program to run from cu.
System: SystemV/AT

The answer is you don't. The uPort cu is a generic SysVr2 cu and only lets
you spawn a process with the output redirected to the remote end instead
of both the output and the input.

On other, more modern systems tip/cu have ~ options to let you do this,
but you can't do it with what you have.

Solutions:

 If you are only calling other unix systems, live with ~t(ake) and ~p(ut),
 which is kind of gross.

 Use another program instead of cu to call out. My personal preference is
 a program I got of the uPort BBS called "xcomm". Doubtless there are others
 around. Check your friendly neighborhood archive.
--
Dragos Ruiu (ruiu at dragos.uucp)  alberta!dragos!ruiu    Copyright(c) 1990
HP, Idacom division.