The nature of wizards

Alvin "the Chipmunk" Sylvain asylvain at felix.UUCP
Fri Oct 12 10:32:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct6.050950.16265 at eng.umd.edu> russotto at eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:
::In article <270B296A.17D3 at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
::>[ Followups to comp.unix.misc ]
::>
::>According to russotto at eng.umd.edu (Matthew T. Russotto):
::>>In article <270897A8.6F6C at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
::>>>A true wizard is not only well-informed and experienced.  She is also
::>>>gracious and generous.  She patiently answers questions that lesser
::>>>beings might consider to be too "simple" or even "stupid" to bother
::>>>with.
::>>
::>>Sounds more like a 'slave consultant' than a wizard.
::>
::>People of real stature need not be slaves to be helpful.
[...]
::>>Why do you use 'she'?
::>
::>A better question is, "Why not?"
[...]
::If you know of any female unix wizards on the net, please tell me.  I'd bet
::that you could count them on one hand.

=>Ah hem.<=  It occurs to me that mayhaps female wizards know better!
=>Cough cough<=    =>Hack!<=

(I'm straining, really I am, to keep from making any sexist remarks here!
Shall we change the subject, please?  Before somebody puts their foot into
their mouth and brings down the wrath of feminists?)
--
"We're sorry, but the reality you have dialed is no   |            Alvin