If you could have anything in vi ...

Randy S. Welch rwelch at isis.cs.du.edu
Fri Apr 5 14:20:06 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr04.193344.16407 at convex.com> tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:

   why the devil should an editor compile, read mail, or read news?

I find being able to compile from the editor quite nice, if you have a
problem you can go right to it without having to remember what !@#!%!
line(s) you had a problem with.  It's a good enough concept for MS-DOS
(:-O) compiler companies to use... ( editor wars are bad enough, OS ones..)

   emacs is just a visual shell.

And I don't think you'll find too many arguments about that.  I think that
Len Tower said once that you can think of emacs as a windowing system for
character based terminals.

I'll stick with my emacs :-)

-randy

Randy Welch   Mail to :  ...!ncar!scicom!bldr!randy or rwelch at du.edu
Boulder, CO              rwelch at nyx.cs.du.edu or (303) 442-6717
"Unfortunately, life contains an unavoidable element of unpredictability"
-David Lynch "The Angriest Dog in the World"