UNIX Documentation (was: '386 Unix Wars)

Boyd Roberts boyd at necisa.ho.necisa.oz.au
Fri Jan 11 11:40:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan9.200617.25296 at eci386.uucp> woods at eci386.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:

>Excuse me?  Have you read any of AT&T documentation since the 7th
>Edition?  I was over-joyed with the advances AT&T made with their
>documentation as of Release 3.0, and with 3.2 and 4.0, things are even
>better.

Sure, I was over the moon when I saw the V.2 documentation.
12, count them, 12 manuals!!  All but two or three of them useful.
A whole shelf of useless verbage.

Contrast this with the Tenth Edition manuals.  There are just two volumes.
One containing tutorials, the other containing manuals entries.  Just right.

Boyd Roberts			boyd at necisa.ho.necisa.oz.au

``When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro...''