VP/ix and Windows 3.0. It works but ....

Tom Betz betz at marob.uucp
Fri Dec 14 10:20:53 AEST 1990

Quoth stb at isbank.is (stb) in <641 at isbank.is>:
|OS:       Interactive Unix v2.2
|Computer: Tandon 386/33 with 8MB memory
|
|  Is it possible to use expanded memory with Windows 3.0 in VP/ix ?

I suspect the problem you are having is the one I have heard
reported elsewhere;  Windows, and probably Excel, looks at its
environment to decide what CPU it is running on, no matter what
command line switches you have used to invoke it, and automatically
calls different code if it is running on a 286 or 386.  Unfortunately,
VP/ix is only capable of handling 8086 opcodes, and if handed 286
or 386 opcodes, will crash and burn.  I suspect that this, and
not expanded memory problems, is what you are running up against.

--
Tom Betz -- GBS  -- 914-375-1510
betz at marob.uucp%phri.nyu.edu uunet!rutgers!phri!marob!upaya!tbetz