VP/ix and Windows 3.0. It works but ....

Robert Nehmer nehmer at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu
Wed Dec 19 10:55:31 AEST 1990

In article <al7ehb0s2C at herkules.sssab.se> skujo at sssab.se (Skule Johansen) writes:

>80386 machine, in VP/ix, si reports that my processor is a 80286. And
>this is also the VP/ix version before the SSU.3 Update of VP/ix. Look
>closer on your error message when installing himem.sys:
>"ERROR: Can't enable A20!". Just a suggestion... Any who *knows*?

I'm not sure if this would work under VP/ix, but I was having this A20
problem with a Gateway system (cringe) under DOS (3.2). Getting
Quarterdeck EMS (5.11) as a substitute for himem.sys solved the problem,
even to "enabling" the A20 handler. Of course, that didn't keep the
olde Gateway from falling off its hinges, so to speak (random reboots).
Oh, those were occuring before the Quarterdeck fix. Just more fuel
for the grist mill.

nehmer at whonose (so long CMS, hello magnus)