receive mail in Interactive Unix

Laszlo C Balint lba at kolvi.hut.fi
Fri Nov 16 19:14:49 AEST 1990

We have here an Interactive Unix running on Nokia 386 PC. It is fine in almost
all cases (there might be some installation problems, but I am not the sysop).
Our great problem with it is, that the incoming mail is sometimes get stucked,
the message on the screen is something like 'receive mail: noqueue ...' (?)
and the sendmail is sending an error message to the Univ. postmaster in about
every 5 minutes. If this happens, no mail is received from the outside world,
they are waiting at the postmaster until a reboot. The inside mail is OK.

Any pointers to the possible reasons?

Thanks,

Laszlo
Laszlo C. Balint        (a Hungarian in Finland)        lba at kolvi.hut.fi

      Helsinki University of Technology, Communications Laboratory
 Otakaari 5 A, SF-02150 ESPOO, Finland; Tel.: +358 0 4512352 or 4512350