Color xpcterm

Dave Armbrust dma at pcssc.com
Wed Nov 28 10:23:42 AEST 1990

In article <9011262235.AA24745 at iecc.cambridge.ma.us> johnl at iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) writes:
>In article <311 at abhg.UUCP> you write:
>>In article <1990Nov25.180609.2799 at iecc.cambridge.ma.us>, johnl at iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) writes:
>>> The xpcterm shipped with ISC 2.2 does in fact support color....
>>
>>This isn't quite what I'm looking for.  I'm running vpix in an xpcterm
>>window.  I want text that is in color in vpix to be color in the xpcterm
>>window. ...
>
>It appears to be a vp/ix limitation.  If you could persuade vp/ix to send
>the appropriate escape codes, xpcterm would be happy to display in colors.
>From reading the vp/ix manual and from some experimentation, it appears that
>there's no way to tell vp/ix to send color information to a terminal other
>than a direct-mapped PC console.  Bummer.

There must be someway this can be done as I have already seen it done.
The product is called the Un-Terminal which is basically a 'console'
look-a-like.  With this 'terminal'  you set TERM=ansi and it works great
in full color and it is also full graphics.  For an EGA version it
cost only about $700 per terminal including multi-port board.  (BTW they
also have VGA and monocrome versions).  I have personally setup a 6 user
all color/graphics system with vp/ix using theses 'un-terminals'.  BTW
alt-F1 through alt-F10 also works just like the console!  You really can
not tell these terminals from the console unless you look at the tty numbers!

Dave Armbrust               |     uunet!pcssc!dma
PC Software Systems         |     dma at pcssc.com
2121 Cornell Street         |     Phone: (813)365-1162
Sarasota, FL 34237          |

Closing the barn door when a dead gift horse is in
mid-stream won't make him drink.