Color xpcterm

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.cambridge.ma.us
Thu Nov 29 12:41:41 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov27.232342.4426 at pcssc.com> dma at pcssc.com (Dave Armbrust) writes:
>[re wanting color under vp/ix on an xpcterm:]
>>From reading the vp/ix manual and from some experimentation, it appears that
>>there's no way to tell vp/ix to send color information to a terminal other
>>than a direct-mapped PC console.  Bummer.

>There must be someway this can be done as I have already seen it done.
>The product is called the Un-Terminal which is basically a 'console'
>look-a-like.

Indeed, it looks so much like the console that vp/ix can treat it as a
direct-mapped PC console, and can write directly to the screen memory.
There are several sources for such things, SunRiver makes one as well.

The original question was whether it was possible to have vp/ix send color
info to a serial terminal such as xpcterm emulates, and the answer appears
still to be no.  Still a bummer.
--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 864 9650
johnl at iecc.cambridge.ma.us, {ima|spdcc|world}!iecc!johnl