Lotus 1-2-3 under vp/ix (?)

john watts stuw at quads.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 28 07:50:12 AEST 1990

This is (I think) a relatively simple question ...

I am running ISC sysV386 (actually DELL Unix) with vp/ix.  I would
like to be able to run Lotus 1-2-3 on this system.  Also, I would
like to be able to run WhatsBest (a spreadsheet based optimization
package from Lindo Systems - an add-in to Lotus) as well.  (Actually,
the desire to run WhatsBest is what's driving me toward Lotus.)

Here's the question: will Lotus 1-2-3 (ms-dos version) be usable under
vp/ix ?  I seem to recall an offhand comment that there may be problems
due to the copy protection scheme used by Lotus.  I called Lotus and asked
but their (sales)rep didn't know.

I know that Lotus comes in a sys V flavor, but it seems that WhatsBest
may not be available for this version (The Lotus rep didn't
have WhatsBest listed as available for Sys V).

Thanks for any help.

John Watts
University of Chicago
stuw at quads.uchicago.edu