X and VP/ix

Tim Pozar pozar at kumr.UUCP
Wed Oct 24 03:36:54 AEST 1990

In article <tim.656461459 at ggumby> tim at ggumby.cs.caltech.edu (Timothy L. Kay) writes:
>This sounds good.  Suppose I own Interactive Unix 2.2, and I want to
>upgrade to Esix.  Can I use the VP/ix that I currently own with Esix,
>or do I have to get an upgrade.  There are two issues here.  First,
>will my VP/ix 2.2 run under Esix,
   (2.2??) My copy of VP/ix (ver 1.2) runs fine under ESIX.  The only thing
it doesn't support at this time is the mouse.  I have been told by ESIX
that they are looking into this and hope to have a fix.  ESIX is also
distributing a fix to Rev. D, so VP/ix will run under windows.

>and second will it run under Sys V.4?
   Don't know that one yet...

                         Tim
---
  uunet!hoptoad!kumr!pozar Fido: 1:125/555 PaBell: (415) 788-3904
    USNail:  KKSF-FM / 77 Maiden Lane /  San Francisco CA 94108
"The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from.
Futhermore, if you don't like any of them, you can just wait for next
year's model."
-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum, "Computer Networks" (4.7.1)