X and VP/ix

Richard Griffiths richard at xanth.ingr.com
Wed Oct 24 00:18:14 AEST 1990

L. Kay) writes:

|> > This sounds good.  Suppose I own Interactive Unix 2.2, and I want to
|> > upgrade to Esix.  Can I use the VP/ix that I currently own with Esix,
|> > or do I have to get an upgrade.  There are two issues here.  First,
|> > will my VP/ix 2.2 run under Esix, and second will it run under Sys V.4?
|> >

|> 1. Your VP/ix from interactive will run under the current version of
	a caveat here folks.  Esix does not support the Virtual Device
	Interface that VP/ix uses for Direct Device Attachment. The VDI
	driver is in Interactive's kernel.  The Esix people tell me
	Simultask, AT&T's version of VP/ix, comes with the VDI driver. I
	haven't saved enough drachmas to purchase it, so I can't confirm
	this.  Simultask is also a release or two behind VP/ix.