X and VP/ix

Steven M. Boker smb at datran2.uunet
Thu Oct 18 09:40:44 AEST 1990

I was wondering if any had managed to get VP/ix running under the
X11 shipped with ESIX.  VP/ix runs just fine from a terminal, but
when I put up X and try to run VP/ix I get a couple of messages
and then my keyboard is disconnected from that xterm.

Couldn't set kbd INTTYPE
Press Enter to Continue

Can't set scan mode in kbd
Press Enter to Continue

I press enter like a good little creature and VP/ix comes up
looking normal, but now the keyboard is disconnected from that
xterm window.

I beleive that I need a /usr/vpix/term/xterm to run correctly.
Or maybe not.  Anyone have the correct incantation here?

Steve.