vp/ix and merge

Keith Ericson keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM
Tue Sep 11 10:12:47 AEST 1990

I've used Merge with Intel's SysVR3.2 and vp/ix with ISC's 2.0.2.

I _much_ prefer vp/ix because of it's DOS 3.3 filesystem
compatibility.  At the time I was using Merge it was stuck at
DOS 3.2 and I was told that 3.3 was "in the works."

Well, 3.3 ain't really what I need either (4.01, please) but it's
better than 3.2...

kEITHe

PS - I also use vp/ix because it came with ISC 2.0.0 and ISC does
     _much_ faster disk i/o than does the Intel version of UNIX.