Should I get Coherent?

Bill England wengland at stephsf.stephsf.com
Wed Sep 12 10:45:25 AEST 1990

In article <32961 at super.ORG> pcolsen at super.ORG (Peter C Olsen) writes:

>systems. (But, Minix DOES have LOTS of network support.)  Now, is
>Coherent worth the effort?  Does it work well on 286 machines?  Does
>it work reliably with odd configurations?  Does one need to be a super
>guru to make it go?  *** CAN ONE RUN DOS APPLICATIONS AS TASKS UNDER
>IT? ***

  The general consensus seems to be that it's not worth the effort. I
  sent the publishers e-mail asking questions, like does it support
  streams (required for tcp/ip and X), is it sysV compatable?, etc.
  and have not recieved *any* reply.  I would recommend that you ask
  these questions of the publisher yourself and then weigh their
  response (or lack thereof).

  The publisher is:

      Mark Williams Company,
      60 Revere Drive