Dos in ODT ?

Aaron William Brown aaron at odt.Icom.Com
Tue Sep 11 00:29:37 AEST 1990

In <1563 at chinacat.Unicom.COM> chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:

>In article <1990Sep6.203131.11844 at uni-paderborn.de>
>	ill at uni-paderborn.de (Markus Illenseer) writes:
>>I saw on CeBIT [...] that it is possible to run MS-DOS in a Window. But I
>>only saw text (say ASCII). Is it also possible to run Grafix ?

>No, you can't.  As soon as the program tries to mess with the video
>graphics, Merge will stop and ask you to switch to full screen.

Well, you can, but only in a limited fashion.  If you run dos
from an xterm like this:

dos +acga <cga_graphics_program>

you get a fixed sized dos window that shows CGA graphics.  This
feature is available on the ODT display (console) and (I think) any PC
running the Locus PC Xsight server.

--
Aaron Brown - Icom Systems, Inc.  6330 Captiol Dr. Wheeling, IL 60090
aaron at icom.COM    ||    uunet!icom!aaron