Dos in ODT ?

Sassan Behzadi sassan at locus.com
Tue Sep 11 04:20:47 AEST 1990

In article <5684 at seac.UUCP> wain at seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson) writes:

> And, I would, again, assume that if Grafix
> runs in cga or herc mode, then it would be possible. Correct me if my
> assumption is out to lunch.

Yes - cga, and herc grafix works in a window but ega/vga grafix
must be zoomed to full screen.

> Wonder if you have noticed that when a dos application (something like
> qbasic) is in a window the mouse events are not interpreted but when you
> zoom the application, the mouse events become interpreted?

You can re-direct the mouse events to a DOS window if you "Focus". With
the DOS window active: Press ALT-D to bring up the "DOS Menu" and click on
the "Focus" button. Now your mouse events go the the DOS window. To give
the mouse back to X: bring up the "DOS Menu" and click on "Unfocus".
This way you can share the mouse between the DOS clients and X.