Problems with ODT-DOS (Merge/386) config.sys startup

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Sat Sep 29 08:27:05 AEST 1990

In article <1452 at pai.UUCP> erc at pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) writes:
>By the way, has anyone been able to run microsoft windows 3.0 under
>DOS under SCO OpenDesktop? I'd love to be able to do this, but realize
>that windows may not want to live under Merge 386.

Installed it without much problem.  I installed it to /u/windows,
put /u/windows in my PATH, and it runs more or less.  Mouse (on a
8-port card) emulations works perfectly.  Comms programs barf at
high speeds, but what's new?

The Microsoft extended memory manager doesn't work,
and of course Microsoft had to change the EMS standard,
so Merge's EMS isn't any use.  Perhaps the next Merge
will handle Microsoft EMS.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla:621-3746 FAX:621-3735 CIS:70007,2304 Genie:CAF