Second hard drive and MS-DOS under Interactive

Brandon Brown brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 7 13:44:30 AEST 1991

In comp.unix.msdos you write:

>I have some problems after trying to install Interactive.

>I have tried dossette and vpix and nothing will work.

>Shall I partition with DOS 3.3 or DOS 4 or must I let unix do the
>dos-partioning ? HELP!

Actually, Interactive works fine. Read the manual, but for now edit your
system (or local) vpix/vpix.cnf file to include:

D:	/dev/rdsk/0p0 to mount drive C: (under dos)  as D: on your system.

If you want to access the DOS partition on the second drive you can use:

/etc/mount -f DOS /dev/dsk/1p1 /drived (of course you need to make /drived)

then you will be able to access it as z:\drived

Hope this helps!

|  Brandon Brown                     | Internet: brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu    |
|  Coordinated Science Laboratory    | UUCP:	 uiucuxc!addamax!brando!brown |
|  University of Illinois            | CompuServe: 73040,447                  |
|  Urbana, IL  61801                 | GEnie:    xmg23356, macbrando          |