Running Dos Applications From Remote Terminals

Dave Armbrust dma at pcssc.com
Fri Jan 18 11:20:30 AEST 1991

I am using vpix on a IBM 3151 terminal (model 510) which does return
scan-codes (i.e. make and break characters for every key stroke).
The problem I have is that it does not respond until the second
key strokes at times.  As an example when using the cursor keys what
will happen is the first time you tap the key the cursor does not
move the second time the cursor key is pressed it moves twice.

Does anyone know what is going on or if anything can be done.
I am using SCO Xenix 2.3.3 and a 'plain dumb' serial port /dev/tty2a.

Dave Armbrust               |     uunet!pcssc!dma
PC Software Systems         |     dma at pcssc.com or
4370 S. Tamiami Trail       |     owner-sco-list at uunet.uu.net
Sarasota, FL 34231-3400     |     Phone: (813)922-8857

If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.  But
this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine, is
somehow enobled and none dare criticize it.