Is there X11R4 for SysV rel 4.0?

Gordon Prieur gprieur at pyramid.pyramid.com
Wed May 29 02:00:55 AEST 1991

In article <1991May28.080750.4955 at cca.vu.nl> hendrik at cca.vu.nl (Hendrik te Winkel) writes:
>Hi there,
>We have our capmus license from AT&T sys V release 4.0 for the 386 machines
>now, and with them the sources. What is include are sources for X11R3 -
>OpenLook. But is there an X11R4 distribution for this Unix? I couldn't
>find that info in my own X11R4 tapes, not in the Relase notes nor in the config
>directory. And I couldn't find on the McSun.EU.net ftp server, where they have
>lots of official distributions.
>So the question is: Is there X11R4 for AT&T Unix sys V rel 4.0? Or is it not
>necessary to have them at all? (Maybe their own OpenLook version is OK as it is?)
>
>Thanks for any information/help/answer on this!
>Hendrik
>--
>Hendrik te Winkel hendrik at cca.vu.nl

    I don't know of any publicly available sources for X11R4 on SVR4, but
its not very difficult to take X11R4 and make it work on SVR4 (this is only
true if you already have the X11R4 source to ATT's X11R3).

    The main file you need to fix is the X11R4 version of Xstreams.c.
Some other files which may need modification (I don't remember for sure
which ones did...) are XlibInt.c and XConnDis.c.

    The Xstreams.c from X11R4 is much cleaner code than the the one from
ATT (the ATT one included a .c file and was missing some bug fixes the MIT
one had). We ``fixed'' the MIT Xstreams.c with code excepts from the ATT
version rather than replacing the MIT one with the ATT one. We also have
a file called input.c with the functions BytesReadable, ReadFromServer,
and ReadvFromServer in it (I think we wrote this file, but I'm not positive).

    We don't sell a source license to our SVR4 X products yet, so I doubt
that you could get the source from us. Its probably more cost effective for
you to do it yourself anyway.
--
		 Gordon Prieur
      -m-------  Pyramid Technology Corporation