Is there X11R4 for SysV rel 4.0?

Thomas Roell roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Fri May 31 17:16:05 AEST 1991

>Unless you are particularly adventurous, just grab the binaries and the
>fonts.   Unpack them in the root directory and then look in
>/usr/lib/X11/X386/install at the install.sh script.  I had to munge it
>a bit to work with UHC SVR4.0.2.  Your mileage may vary.

Some things to remeber for SVR4:

o Do not use the Xque* drivers. They may fail or cause a panic.
o Althought the fonts in X11R4fonts.tar are compressed, some SVR4s have
  problems with pipes to subprocesses. Thus you should uncompress all fonts,
  and then run 'mkfontdir .' in every fontdirectory.
o If you kernel ist build with the consem module, you should define
  CONSEM=no in you enviornment. Otherwise xterm won't run.

- Thomas
E-Mail (domain):	 roell at lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
UUCP (if above fails):   roell at tumult.{uucp | informatik.tu-muenchen.de}
famous last words: "diskspace - the final frontier..."