how to put a program into .plan file

Dan Bernstein brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu
Thu Oct 4 14:23:43 AEST 1990

In article <107255 at uunet.UU.NET> rbj at uunet.UU.NET (Root Boy Jim Cottrell) writes:
> I suppose we could all live without `.' in our path easily enuf.
> Perhaps it is habit and optimism that keep it there.

Yep, I think so. I spent a couple of months training myself away from a
path with . into a path without, and I've never regretted the change:
it's perfectly natural to me now to execute programs with ./ if they're
in the current directory. I still have a dotpath alias (and its inverse,
nodotpath) to deal with those annoying shell scripts that depend on . in
the path; I rarely use it.

---Dan