Anyone have a POP2 server that works on a Symmetry?

Jim Reid jim at cs.strath.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 23:12:41 AEST 1990

In article <27139C86.28242 at ics.uci.edu> mziober at ics.uci.edu (Michael A. Ziober) writes:

   Hi!  Does anyone have or know where I can find a POP2 (Post Office
   Protocol) server that works on a Symmetry?  The one that I have from
   the University of Michigan seems to be unreliable and written in some
   very Pascal-ish looking C which I would rather not look over if I can
   help it.  Help.

A POP3 server comes with the current release of MH (6.7). It works
just fine on a Symmetry, though there was a bug (now fixed) which
caused it to drop the last message in the mailbox. Earlier versions of
MH came with a POP daemon that obeyed the now obsolete obsolete
version 2 of the protocol.

MH is available for anonymous FTP from:
	ics.uci.edu [128.195.1.1] - pub/mh/mh-6.7.tar.Z
	louie.udel.edu [128.175.1.3] - portal/mh-6.7.tar.Z

The file is a ~1.5 Mbyte compressed tar image. It should also be
available on other big sources archives like uunet and mcsun.

		Jim