Anyone have a POP2 server that works on a Symmetry?

Bruce M. Walker bmw at isgtec.uucp
Sat Oct 20 00:27:59 AEST 1990

In article <27139C86.28242 at ics.uci.edu> mziober at ics.uci.edu (Michael A. Ziober) writes:

>    Hi!  Does anyone have or know where I can find a POP2 (Post Office
>    Protocol) server that works on a Symmetry?  The one that I have from
>    the University of Michigan seems to be unreliable and written in some
>    very Pascal-ish looking C which I would rather not look over if I can
>    help it.  Help.

That code is very easy to work with -- after you do the following:

1) comment out every #define except the ones that define the "pascalish"
   syntax.  You only have to stick an "X" or something before the "#".

2) run the source through cpp with the "preserve comments" option on.
   Something like: "/lib/cpp -C -P pop2.c >pop2.readable.c"

3) uncomment all the #defines in the result from #2.

4) run "cb" or "indent" (indent is better) over the result from #3.

5) make the result from #4 your "working source"

--
bmw at isgtec.uucp  [ ..uunet!utai!lsuc!isgtec!bmw ]  Bruce Walker