TCP wheel re-invention

Rob Demillo rjd at cs.brown.edu
Fri Oct 19 06:35:35 AEST 1990

A few days ago I requested that people refer me to some public
domain libraries that would handle all the dirty work
of UNIX TCP I/O via sockets - I knew a million other people
must have done it, and I wasn't in the modd to re-invent the wheel.

Well, I was overwhelmed with responses, but most of them were
of the 'Pleaase let me know what you find out' variety. So...

Don Lebes of NIST (hello Don!) has written a conviently
useful (and tiny) library which does this very thing. It comes
in .shar format, complete with documentation...! Ta-da!

It can be retrieved from
	durer.cme.nist.gov
and is called
	pub/sized_io.shar.Z

Just retrieve it, uncompress it, change its mode to
executable and let it run.

Thanks one and all for the help!!!

 - Rob DeMillo			| Internet: 	 rjd at brown.cs.edu
   Brown University 		| Also Internet: demillo at juliet.ll.mit.edu
   Planetary Science Group	| Reality: 401-273-0804 (home)
"I say you *are* the Messiah, Lord! And I ought to know, I've followed a few!"