how to put a program into a .plan file

Henk Fictorie henkf at dnlunx.pttrnl.nl
Mon Oct 1 08:12:25 AEST 1990

parker at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Jeff Parker) writes:

>I have tried every suggestion that has come along and nothing seems to work!
>We are running Ultrix 4.0 on several DEC products.  It is Ultrix's finger?

Yep, in 4.0 the finger program is smart enough to sense that .plan is
a named pipe and not a 'real' file.

On saturday Ultrix 4.0 was installed on our site and since saturday
the named pipe .plan doesn't work any more with finger :-(.
Try 'cat .plan' and you will see that the construct itself does work.

Henk Fictorie, PTT Research Neher Labs,    H_Fictorie at pttrnl.nl
P.O. box 421,                              ...!hp4nl!dnlunx!henkf
2260 AK Leidschendam, The Netherlands      Phone    : +31 70 3326356