talk deamon

Rich Kaul kaul at icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu
Wed Sep 19 06:58:24 AEST 1990

In article <959 at nlsun1.oracle.nl> hbergh at oracle.nl (Herbert van den Bergh) writes:
   Our IBM RISC System/6000 uses talk 4.3 protocol and can't talk to
   our Sun running SunOS 4.0. In the IBM doc it is stated that the 4.3
   protocol is incompatible with the 4.2 protocol...

   >Or better yet: are the sources for a talk-deamon available for ftp?

There are sources to the 4.3 talk available on ftp.uu.net in the freed
BSD sources directory, /bsd-sources.  They compile and allow your Sun
to talk to other machines (the 4.3 talk daemon is a bit more
architecture independent and allows your 386is to talk to your
Sparcs, for example).
--
Rich Kaul                         | It wouldn't be research if we
kaul at icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu    | knew what we were doing.