Why don't we just gateway u-w to unix.programmer?

Greg Lindahl gl8f at astsun.astro.Virginia.EDU
Sun Sep 9 15:10:53 AEST 1990

In article <7489:Sep901:11:2390 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>A very simple solution to this entire issue: Gateway the unix-wizards
>mailing list to comp.unix.programmer rather than to comp.unix.internals.

Why?

Do wizards talk only about programming? No.

Do wizards talk only about internals? No.

It seems that the original proposal didn't rename comp.unix.wizards,
it destroyed it. I've recommended to Eric Fair that he keep the inet
group comp.unix.wizards, and make it self-moderated like alt.hackers
to keep the noise down.

--
"Perhaps I'm commenting a bit cynically, but I think I'm qualified to."
                                              - Dan Bernstein