looking for a good UNIX book

Justin Ferrari jmf at cs.brown.edu
Tue Apr 23 07:48:42 AEST 1991

I am interested in buying a book on UNIX programming, but
today I went to the bookstore and was overwhelmed.  I didn't
realize that there would be so many books on the subject.
Some of the books definitely looked better than others, but
many looked comparable.

So I figured I'd ask some experts.  I'd like some recommendations
for the best book on UNIX programming.  It would also be nice if
the book contained an overview of UNIX.  I don't just want a
reference manual.

thanx a lot....

#    Justin        "got a flame/burns inside                    #
#  Ferrari '91      if you dont wanna burn/just walk on by      #
#                   and the pain/you're feeling now             #
# jmf at cs.brown.edu  is nothing compared/to the pleasure i hide" #
#                                 --'devil's plaything', DANZIG #