sdb behavior

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Sat Apr 27 06:39:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr25.201206.12430 at mccc.edu> pjh at mccc.edu (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>I have a program that dumps core but when I invoke sdb with the name of
>the executable, sdb says "no source file."  The command line I used is
>simply "sdb program".  Program was built from "cc -g -o program program.c".
>
>What am I doing wrong?  sdb is from AT&T's Std C Devel Environment
>5.0/3 10/13/89 for SV/386 R3.2.x.

	I beleve that you must be in the directory containing the source
files, since sdb uses them for reference while displaying the details of
your object file/core dump.  I've not used sdb to any extent, but that is
what I remember from reading the man page for it.

	Good Luck
		DoN.

--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564