sdb behavior

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.edu
Mon Apr 29 10:08:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr26.203951.24025 at ceilidh.beartrack.com> dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com (DoN Nichols) writes:
=In article <1991Apr25.201206.12430 at mccc.edu> pjh at mccc.edu (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
=>I have a program that dumps core but when I invoke sdb with the name of
=>the executable, sdb says "no source file."  The command line I used is
=>simply "sdb program".  Program was built from "cc -g -o program program.c".
=>
=>What am I doing wrong?  sdb is from AT&T's Std C Devel Environment
=>5.0/3 10/13/89 for SV/386 R3.2.x.
=
=	I beleve that you must be in the directory containing the source
=files, since sdb uses them for reference while displaying the details of
=your object file/core dump.

I believed that, too, Don, but failed to mention in my original posting
that the source file, the executable file and the core file are all in
the current directory

=I've not used sdb to any extent, but that is
=what I remember from reading the man page for it.

I see: it's a nice way of saying "RTFM"!  ;-)

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math