MUD/Robot ports to SysV w/o networking???

Donald Burr dburr at .berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 18 20:09:48 AEST 1991

A while back, a guy (john at jwt.uucp, jwt!john at uunet.uu.net) ported TinyMUD
to SysV without networking.  This works great; I'm running it on my old
Callan 300, and it works like a charm.

My question is, has this port been made for any other flavors of MU*?
In the docs for TinyMUSE/MUSH, it says they were working on a SysV with
no networking port of this; is it done yet?  Is a non-networking SysV
port done for TinyMUCK yet?

If not, what type, and how much,  work would it involve to take the
ports made to MUD, and apply them to MUCK/MUSH/MUSE/etc?  Are the
"interface.c" for MUD/MUCK/etc that different, and where are the
differences?

Another question: What would I need to change in Mass-Neotek robots to
get them to "talk" to my MUD?  Where is the "interface" coding for the
robots done?

Please mail replies to dburr at ocf.berkeley.edu.  I'd be happy to respond
with a summary to anyone who wants it, or even post it on the Net if
there's enough demand.