CURSES: use of overlay()/overwrite()

Anthony Howe ant at mks.com
Fri Jun 21 03:08:34 AEST 1991

What is the correct way to use overlay() and overwrite().  Are they what
I need?  I want to display a dialogue box, then later remove it from the
screen restoring whatever was covered.  The catch is that I want the
dialogue box to do the refresh and maintain independence by not having
any knowledge of other windows other than curscr.

--
ant at mks.com                                                   Anthony C Howe
Mortice Kern Systems Inc. 35 King St. N., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2J 6W9