finding NFS dirs in csh?

Matt Landau mlandau at Diamond.BBN.COM
Wed Dec 3 05:13:03 AEST 1986

In comp.unix.questions (article <772 at gcc-milo.ARPA>), brad at gcc-milo.ARPA
(Brad Parker) writes:
>Does anyone know how to tell if a file is "remote" in a csh (or sh) script?
>
>I need to tell if a directory is a remote mount point or below a remote
>mount point. I want to exclude remote directories in a script which
>spans the file systems from root (/) - you know... "find / ..."

>From "man find" on a Sun 3 running SunOS 3.0:

     find recursively descends the directory hierarchy  for  each
     pathname  in  the  pathname-list (that is, one or more path-
     names) seeking files that match a boolean expression written
     in  the  primaries  given  below....

     -fstype type
               True if the  filesystem  to  which  the  the  file
               belongs  is  of type type, where type is typically
               4.2 or nfs

That ought to about do it, don't you think?
--
 Matt Landau      	 		BBN Laboratories, Inc.
    mlandau at diamond.bbn.com		10 Moulton Street, Cambridge MA 02238