withdrawing mails

lien at osu-eddie.UUCP lien at osu-eddie.UUCP
Mon Feb 16 17:44:49 AEST 1987

>> users should be careful

Yes, it is true that users should be careful. Normally, it will
not cause any problem. The mistake I made is on the following
occasion that I think many people may make the same mistake:

I was discussing something with some of my friends using E-mail.
After several iteration of roud trip mails,  one of the mails was
addressed not only us, but also corbon copied to others.
I didn't notice it  and used 'r' as usual to reply the mail.

I was not careful enough.  But, I know it is hard for me to keep
cool during a hot discussion using a poor  terminal through
a  noicy telphone line.

In many cases, such mistakes may be more serious than 'rm *'.
I really hope that a user can withdraw the mails he send such
that  such mistakes can be cured just like undo in 'vi' or
backup in file systems.

It is difficult to rely on super users since they may not be always
available and they may be too busy to do it.

-- Yao-Nan Lien

Yao-Nan Lien
Ohio State University
2036, Neil Ave. Mall