withdrawing mails

badri at ur-valhalla.UUCP badri at ur-valhalla.UUCP
Mon Feb 16 05:55:11 AEST 1987

In article <716 at mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> henry at garp.UUCP (Henry Mensch) writes:
>lien at osu-eddie.UUCP wrote:
>->It seems to me that a user has no way to withdraw  a mail before
>->it is read or forward to othernet.
>->
>The solution is for the user (that means you) to be careful.  Most of
>the mail programs I know about give the user a chance to look over the
>message and header before it gets sent out (even Berkeley mail lets
>you do this).

If you have Rick Adams' uucp installed and the mail is going out over
uucp, there is a way of deleting mail. A utility named uuq works very
well. However I agree with Henry; a user has just got to be more
careful while posting mail. There is always some point from which
there is no way to retract a message and if a user thinks twice before
hitting ^D it will be good for all.

Badri Lokanathan
"Don't blame me for wanting more       {) ur-valhalla!badri at rochester.arpa
 The facts are too hard to ignore     //\\ {ames,caip,cmcl2,columbia,cornell,
 I'm scared to death of poverty      ///\\\ harvard,ll-xn,rutgers,seismo,
 I only want what's best for me."-UB40 /\    topaz}!rochester!ur-valhalla!badri