11/23's

dje at datacube.UUCP dje at datacube.UUCP
Wed Feb 4 01:44:00 AEST 1987

Use them for small Unix systems.  We ran Venix and then Xenix both on
LSI-11/23s a few years back.  You'll need at least 10 MB  of disk and
256K RAM, both pretty cheap on the surplus market.   Slow, but cheap.
We souped them up  with DZ  terminal controllers,  multiple disks for
system / data, mag tape, floppies, etc.

Maybe we can sell you a used XENIX distribution. Is that legal?

Little known fact:  The 13 MHZ oscillator on a 11/23  can be replaced
with 20-25 MHz with a proportional increase in computrons.  Rumor has
it that DEC purposely slowed it down so as not to infringe on the
'expensive' PDP 11/34 (Unibus) market.

				Dave Erickson