smart lp spooler

gws at cbosgd.UUCP gws at cbosgd.UUCP
Tue Feb 3 22:44:32 AEST 1987

I am looking for a smart line printer spooler and before I
re-invent the wheel I want to see if anyone has already
created one.

What I need is a line printer spooler that will "dialout" a
tty port then go thru a series of send/receive scripts. Once these
scripts have suceeded then lp the file to the printer.

I have several printers currently hanging off of our data network
(DATAKIT), but I can only connect one machine to each printer. If
I try second machine and get a "port busy" message from the network,
the lp spooler dosent know that a printer is not there just that
it has DTR/DSR from the network and I get bits and bytes laying
all over the floor. A mix between uucp scripts and lp is what I need.

Well, anyone got such a beast? or know of another solution?

Please use the path below for replys....
--
Gary W. Sanders      {cbosgd|ihnp4}!gwspc!gws	AT&T Bell Labs (Columbus)
72277,1325 (cis)				N8EMR @ W8CQK	(packet)