books

movold at watdcsu.UUCP movold at watdcsu.UUCP
Sat Feb 14 07:54:29 AEST 1987

In article <4159 at bu-cs.BU.EDU> dmm at bu-cs.BU.EDU (Diane Meuser) writes:
>I know the basics of unix, i.e. basic commands, how to create files,
>directories, copy files, etc. I would like to learn more about unix and
>what it is capable of. Can anyone tell me what are the most useful things
>about unix that I should learn about next?

I recently bought a book which is an in-depth guide to using C Shell.
If you are a C Shell user, this is a good book for learning purposes
and for experienced users. The book is title 'The UNIX C Shell Field
Guide'.  It is written by Gail and Paul Anderson.  The publisher is
Prentice-Hall.
	 It starts out by describing some of the basic C Shell commands
and give some examples of there use.  It goes on the describe the
use of special meta characters and the creation and use of shell
scripts.  It is a well written and easy reading book with plenty
of examples.