books

dmm at bu-cs.UUCP dmm at bu-cs.UUCP
Fri Feb 13 14:20:39 AEST 1987

I know the basics of unix, i.e. basic commands, how to create files,
directories, copy files, etc. I would like to learn more about unix and
what it is capable of. Can anyone tell me what are the most useful things
about unix that I should learn about next? Also if you could recommend
some books and give me a brief description of what I can expect to learn
from them that would be very helpful. Of course bookstores have lots of
books on the subject, but being a novice and not being sure about what things
I should be learning next have made it impossible for me to reach a decision
on what to buy. I would greaty appreciate some advice on this.