troff to postcript converter

michael at orcisi.UUCP michael at orcisi.UUCP
Fri Feb 13 04:10:41 AEST 1987

>     Has anyone heard or used a program to convert troff data (input
>     or output) into postcript?  The idea is to be able to print out
>     text from UNIX in a MAC laser writter.  A friend of mine is very
>     interested in something like that.  Please send responses or
>     comments directly to me as I don't usualy read news.

Check with your Unix distributor to see if Adobe's Transcript product
is available for your machine/os.  Transcript is a collection of tools
which will prepare files for printing on a Postscript printer.  One of
these, pscat, translates CAT phototypesetter commands from troff to
Postscript.

Michael Herman
Optical Recording Corporation
141 John Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M5V 2E4

UUCP:  { cbosgd!utcs ihnp4!utzoo seismo!mnetor }!syntron!orcisi!michael
ALSO:  mwherman at watcgl.waterloo.edu