Streams on UNIX System V supporting UDP/IP :Info needed.

Crack? No thanks, I've got a new CD player daveb at llama.rtech.UUCP
Wed Apr 6 03:46:55 AEST 1988

In  <Apr.4.10.54.29.1988.6558 at topaz.rutgers.edu> Ron Natalie writes:
>Some System V implementations use Wollongong code (such as it was), this
>includes most of AT&T's so called computers.  The CRAY UNICOS (mostly
>system V) used Wollongong as well, but they got over it and have redone
>it themselves.  None of the above use streams, they use the traditional
>Berkeley interfaces hacked into the Sys V kernel.

But, curiously, the only interface TWG supports for their SV.3 tcp/ip is
a socket emulation library.  Perhaps I haven't looked far enough, or the
manuals are poorly indexed, but I did not see a STREAMS/TLI interface
documented.

Is Cray using a TLI interface for tcp/ip?  How about any of the UNIX/386
ports?  Is there a standard TLI interface for tcp/ip, or is everyone
rolling their own in incompatible ways?

bye now,
-dB
"Do you programmers do sh*t like this a lot?"   "Every g*d*mn day."
{amdahl, cpsc6a, mtxinu, ptsfa, sun, hoptoad}!rtech!daveb daveb at rtech.uucp