Streams on UNIX System V supporting UDP/IP :Info needed.

Jeff Weinstein jeff at polyslo.UUCP
Tue Apr 5 14:36:00 AEST 1988

In article <10209 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ekrell at hector (Eduardo Krell) writes:
>Where did you hear that?. All the Wollongong code that runs on SVR3
>is streams-based. They don't use "traditional Berkeley interfaces
>hacked into the sys V kernel"; they have a user-level socket library
>which implements the BSD system calls using streams.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

First of all the original note mentioned System V, not SVR3, so it could
have been Release 2 based.  Secondly, there are two Wollongong implementations
for SVR3, one based on streams, one not based on streams.  The one not based
on streams is the one that we run here at Cal Poly, which AT&T gave us to
run on our 3b2's.  The code does provide the "traditional Berkeley Interfaces",
as well as the AT&T TLI interface, but no streams.

	Jeff Weinstein
	Computer Systems Lab
	Cal Poly State Univ.
	ucbvax!voder!polyslo!jeff