A little help with SED and embedded ^M please.

Rodrigo Murillo murillo at sigi.Colorado.EDU
Tue Apr 19 08:04:28 AEST 1988

I have an SED problem (I think) and I would like to get som feedback
on how to do this.  It is pretty trivial I think, but I am new to SED.

I have a text file of this form:

   BEGIN
     1
     2
     3
   END

   BEGIN
     4
     5
     6
   END

This goes on for about 200 records.  What I want to do is extract the
numbers, in the same sequence as in the original, and write them out to
a new file.  Obviously, the result should be:

     1
     2
     3
     4
     5
     6
     .
     .
     .

Also, I have recently had text files that have an emmbeded ^M char
at the end of every line.  I know this has something to do with
CR/LF conversion.  But how do I get rid of it? Thanks.

Rod.