hayes 2400 baud smartmodem and hp 9000

Mike Eklund eklund at uw-dtrl.ee.washington.edu
Tue Apr 26 09:57:49 AEST 1988

I am attempting to connect a hayes 2400 baud modem to a modem port on
a hp9000 (the modem board number is 27140, 6 channels) model 500.
I am running hp-ux .  I can dial up from another modem and the 2 modems
connect but I can't get a login prompt.  Has someone out there done this
before?  I known about setting the parameters within the hayes modem not
to send out result codes.  I am particularly interested in the pin out
on the cable and the entries used in /etc/gettydefs .  I eventually plan
to use this modem with uucp so any hints about hp-ux uucp quirks would
also be appreciated.  Thanks for the assistance
Mike Eklund
Electrical Engineering Dept
University of Washington
(206) 543-8984