kermit

Nicholas Solntseff ns at maccs.UUCP
Tue Apr 12 04:03:56 AEST 1988

I have never experienced any problems with kermit transfers between Unix
(BSD4.x) and MS-DOS.  I use MIRROR with its VT100 emulator as the PC terminal
emulator.

     TO perform MS-DOS to Unix transfer:

          in unix type kermit -ir

          in MIRROR type -- xk [d:] filespec

          This will transfer ALL files with path [d:] filespec to the unix
          default directory and use the MS-DOS file specs.

     To perform Unix to MS-DOS transfer

          in unix type kermit -is filespec

          in MIRROR type -- rk [d:]

          This will transfer all files from the default unix directory matching
          filespec to the MS-DOS drive d: and use the unix file names.

Note: the kermit server mode is not being used here.   I have had little
      success using the server mode.

Nick Solntseff

Nick Solntseff {ns at maccs.UUCP solntsef at mcmaster.BITNET}